EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

PGP Encryption

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 10/15/2015 13:00:26
by Lance Yoho (Standard support level)

I have got the public key from our client and was trying to use OPENPGP writer pipeline component to encrypt the file using attached send port configuration.

[img]C:\Users\smohan\Desktop\Capture.PNG[/img]

When I was using EncAlgorithm between 0-7 I was getting below error.

No suitable OpenPGP public key for encryption found.

After researching I found that may be my public key contains DSA keys without subkeys and DSA algorithm can not be used for encryption but only for signing

so few question.
1. Is my send port configuration is correct.
2. If my public key is DSA key then is there any way to encrypt using this key.
3. I feel like this is SSH key. Does SSH keys come in Public key and secret key pair. As I got only public key do I need to ask my client secret key.
4. If I use BizCrypto SFTP adapter without any PGP encryption(As PGP encryption is not allowed for DSA public key) to send the file then putting public key in trusted keys is the only configuration do I need to do or is there any other configuration also I need to use.
5. If I choose to only sign the document using OPENPGP Writer component by changing the operation to 1 where should I put the public key as I tried doing that I got error Keyring property is not assigned

Posted: 10/15/2015 13:16:53
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the question

Unfortunately you can not use SSH keys for OpenPGP . While there are certain asymmetric keys inside (and yes, SSH keypair also contains a public and a private key), the schemes are completely different.

Also, no, you can't use DSA keys for encryption. DSA is for signing only.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 10/15/2015 13:20:43
by Lance Yoho (Standard support level)

Thanks for answering my question.

So is my send port configuration correct? Just want to make sure I am getting error because of my public key not because of the port configuration.

Also is there any way to confirm that me key is DSA or SSH Or RSA?

also If I choose to only sign the document using OPENPGP Writer component(If its a DSA public key not the SSH) by changing the operation to 1 where should I put the public key as I tried doing that I got error Keyring property is not assigned
Posted: 10/15/2015 13:27:26
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Lance Yoho wrote:
So is my send port configuration correct? Just want to make sure I am getting error because of my public key not because of the port configuration.

Overall the configuration looks ok. It's hard to say what the problem is caused with, though. You can open your keyfile in Notepad and inspect its contents - hopefully the keyfile is in text form and has hints regarding if it's SSH or OpenPGP.

Lance Yoho wrote:
also If I choose to only sign the document using OPENPGP Writer component by changing the operation to 1 where should I put the public key as I tried doing that I got error Keyring property is not assigned

You should provide your *private* key, which will be used for signing, not public.

Lance Yoho wrote:
Also is there any way to confirm that me key is DSA or SSH Or RSA?

Depends on key format. In case of OpenPGP the keys are usually generated in a way that you have a main key used for signing and an additional key (a subkey) used for encryption. The structure of OpenPGP keys can be viewed with the OpenPGP tool, included with Bizcrypto tools (which are available for download on https://www.eldos.com/bizcrypto/download-release.php )

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Statistics

Topic viewed 3044 times

none

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!