EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Eldos - FTPS fails when restarting BizTalk 2010

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 06/03/2015 08:22:10
by Benny Helander (Standard support level)

I have a problem. I have setup the BizTalk adapter to get files from an FTP and use the default setting. So the adapter use "c:\temp" to store the file in when getting it from the FTP. Now when I need to stop the BizTalk instances and there is a message coming in on the adapter and stored it in the temp directory, it will not pick it up again after I start the BizTalk instances.
The file is just left in the temp directory with a funny name and the orginal name from the FTP.

Is there any way I can make the adapter to pick up the temp files again so the system can get them in ?
Posted: 06/04/2015 06:19:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Benny,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am afraid there is no way for the adapter to 'resume' the download after the restart. The primary reason is that the adapter is 'stateless' (it does not persistentiate any information about its state anywhere and only lives within the BizTalk host instance process), so the same FTPS adapter launched within the new BizTalk host instance is essentially a fresh copy of the adapter which is not aware of any activities performed by the instances that used to live in the past.

This way, the fresh copy of the adapter knows nothing about the nature of files saved to the temporary folder by previous instances of the adapter (e.g. whether they are complete or incomplete copies of the remote files, under which conditions those files were downloaded etc.). Simply pushing those files through might break the consistency of the system, so it would be safer to leave the decision about the files for the administrator of the server.

Topic viewed 3686 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!