EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.

Also by EldoS: RawDisk
Access locked and protected files in Windows, read and write disks and partitions and more.
Posted: 11/03/2014 11:07:08
by Graham Roberts (Standard support level)

I’m trying to use the BizTalk SFTP Adapter to connect to a remote location, via SOCKS5 proxy, using key value authentication. When initially trying to use a Dynamic Send Port I was getting error “Connection lost (error code is 10058)” which I can see is a common error people encounter. I thought I’d try and set up a static send port to see what I might be doing wrong, but then experienced further problems with that too.

Reading the on-line documentation I tried to configure my BizTalk 2010 send port to read the private key from the value field but when I try putting the following values into the config properties I get the error “Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string.”

Private Key = {string private key value – beginning “-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED DEK-Info: DES-EDE3-CBC,A5E745AF196D45FA…”}
Private Key File = blank
Private Key Password = {string – 8 char value}
Private Key source = Value
SSH Authentication Type = Public Key

After a bit of experimentation it seems that it doesn’t like a blank entry in the Private Key file so I added a dummy one to see if it got rid of the first error, and it did. Instead I returned to getting error “Connection lost (error code is 10058)” again when I used the settings below.

Private Key = {string private key value – beginning “-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- Proc-Type: 4,ENCRYPTED DEK-Info: DES-EDE3-CBC,A5E745AF196D45FA…”}
Private Key File = “DummyValue”
Private Key Password = {string – 8 char value}
Private Key source = Value
SSH Authentication Type = Public Key

So it seems I’m stuck, and I’m reluctant to use a private key file unless absolutely forced to.

Can you tell me whether this method is supported in BizCrypto 9 (BizTalk Server 2010 – Windows Server 2008 R2) which is our current version? And further, I’m not sure why I only have the following context properties available when setting my dynamic port properties in a BizTalk orchestration. I’ve assumed BizCrypto.BizTalk.Adapters.SFTP.PrivateKey is the right one to populate, but please correct me if not.

msgUploadAssets(BizCrypto.BizTalk.Adapters.SFTP.PrivateKeySource) = 1;
msgUploadAssets(BizCrypto.BizTalk.Adapters.SFTP.PrivateKey) = vPrivateKeyString;
msgUploadAssets(BizCrypto.BizTalk.Adapters.SFTP.PrivateKeyPassword) = vPrivateKeyPassword;

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted: 11/03/2014 16:36:59
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Graham,

Thank you for contacting us.

To speed up the technical support process, may I please ask you to assign your BizCrypto license ticket to your forum account so that we could identify your customer record.

In general, I suggest that you start with a configuration as simple as possible and then progress on to more sophisticated settings. Are you able to connect with a static adapter and the private key residing in a file on disk?

Ken
Posted: 11/04/2014 04:47:02

Thanks Ken.

My company purchased the product about two years ago so I've asked someone to try and recover the details of that purchase so I can add a license ticket to my forum account if we have one.
I'd be happy to send an email from my registered account to let you know what license key we have if that would help identify our customer record. Just let me know where to send it.

But to answer your question in advance of that - yes, everything works fine if I use a key file (as long as I also set TrustAllKeys to true, but I haven't tried to add the third party's public key to the settings yet). And it also works fine with a dynamic send port and a key file too.

Graham.
Posted: 11/04/2014 05:13:27
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Let's continue in HelpDesk ( https://www.eldos.com/helpdesk/ ) please. I have created a new support ticket based on your above message. You will see your (and only your) support tickets by following this URL. You will also get e-mail notifications about updates related to your support ticket.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 11/04/2014 05:22:52
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hi Graham,

Thank you for the details. Let's try to set up key provision in the 'value' mode now.

At first glance, the heuristic detector identifies your key as being provided in base16 format and tries to decode it. Please try to add a 'binary:' prefix to the value of your key and check if it changes anything:

binary:-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY...

Regarding your license question, I've created a ticket in our Helpdesk system for you. Please post your current license key there, and we will then be able to identify your license for you.

Thanks,

Ken
Posted: 11/04/2014 05:37:10

Thanks Ken. My first problem simply seems to be how to nullify the PrivateKeyFile setting in the static send port without getting error "Additional non-parsable characters are at the end of the string", but I will try that for the dynamic send port and see how I get on.

Following Eugene's advice I've switched to Helpdesk, but will post any resolution back here for others who may experience the same issue.

Graham.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4644 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!