EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

BizCrypto For SSIS-OpenPGP Protect - Failed to load public keyring

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 06/11/2014 03:10:17
by Prakash Shenoy (Basic support level)

Hello,

I am currently evaluating the BIZCrypto for SQL Server product and facing an error message while trying to encrypt a text file using Open PGP Protect Task.

The error message appears something like this:

[OpenPGP Protect Task] Information: OpenPGP Protect Task: Failed to load public keyring: Access to the path 'C:\temp\gnupg' is denied.

I am debugging my SSIS package using Visual Studio that is running under admin context. Also, I have given full control access to the c:\temp\gnupg path to everyone.

What I am missing here? Please help.

Regards,
Prakash
Posted: 06/11/2014 03:12:54
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Seems that you are trying to pass the directory name. You need to specify the filename (eg. "c:\temp\gnupg\myring.pkr").

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/16/2014 11:32:25

Thanks Eugene. That worked. But I have another issue now.

I was able to encrypt the file using the OpenPGP Protect Task by following your instructions. I am now trying to decrypt the same encrypted file using the OpenPGP Unprotect Task and see this error:

[OpenPGP Unprotect Task] Error: Error Unprotecting file: No appropriate OpenPGP secret key for decryption failed.

My property settings for both the Protect and Unprotect tasks are exactly the same.

Also, I used the open source PGP2 tool to decrypt the file using command line. It works fine.

Please help. Appreciate your quick help.

Thanks & Regards,
Prakash
Posted: 06/16/2014 11:43:21

I don't know how you configured the task. IIRC for unprotect task you need to specify the path (including the filename) of the keyring with *secret* keys, and also provide a password needed to get access to the secret key(s).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 06/16/2014 12:40:38

Thanks for your quick response.

I figured it out. It seems that I need to set the passphrase to two properties: Passphrase and Key PassPhrase. Doing that took care of the issue.

Regards,
Prakash
Posted: 06/16/2014 12:43:09

KeyPassphrase is the password needed to access the keys.

Passphrase is the password used to decrypt the data IF you used the passphrase during data encryption (and thus encrypted the data with a passphrase in addition or instead of the keys).

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3821 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!