EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Does BizCrypto AS2 accelerator Support SHA-2 certificates?

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 03/27/2014 18:12:34
by Deepak Karir (Basic support level)

Hi,
I am looking to try and if successful purchase the BizCrypto AS2 accelerator provided it supports SHA2 certificates.

I downloaded the trial version but did not see the option to select SHA2 in any of the dropdown boxes. I only see the SHA-1 option.

Is there a technical guide on how to configure the adapter?

Thanks,
Deepak
Posted: 03/28/2014 08:50:03
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

Could you clarify your question please? Certificates may be used on a variety of stages of AS2 connection and for different purposes (securing TLS, signing requests, verifying responses), so it is important to understand which exactly stage you are asking about.

In fact, SecureBlackbox does support SHA2 algorithm in X.509 certificates and normally you do not need to adjust any settings to be able to use then. But it would be great if you clarify the above point so that we could be absolutely sure about the answer.
Posted: 03/28/2014 12:27:11

Hi Ken,
Thanks for getting back to me. According to the FDA (US govt), this certificate will be used for signing the file we send to them.

Thanks,
Deepak

Posted: 03/30/2014 14:21:55
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Deepak,

In fact, the digest algorithm used in a signing certificate has no relation to the digest algorithm used for signing AS2 requests. This way, whatever algorithm was used to sign the certificate, a totally different digest algorithm may be used for signing AS2 messages.

This way, you will definitely be able to use your SHA2-signed certificate for signing AS2 messages. However, indeed only MD5 and SHA1 algorithms can be used for signing the messages themselves. We will add support for SHA2 algorithms in version 11, which is going to be released later this Spring.
Posted: 03/30/2014 15:40:04

Hi Ken,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to wait for version 11 then. Thanks for answering my questions. I look forward to testing the new release. If you have a mailing list for notifying users of the release, please include add me to it : deepak_karir@edwards.com

Thanks,
Deepak Karir
Posted: 05/29/2014 23:40:30
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

FYI: Version 11 has been released recently. It can be downloaded on the download page.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4706 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!