EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to configure SFTP Connection Settings for SSIS

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 11/26/2013 08:50:34
by Colin Wilson (Basic support level)

We are looking to replace the SFTP component of some existing SSIS 2008 packages that ise the WinSCP external tool with a proper component and BizCrypto is one we are testing.

However we are having problems getting past first base with it, and the documentation does not help at all.

What have done so far is to download and install the trial version, added the BizCrypto Upload Task to the toolbox, and are now trying to add an SFTP.BozCrypto connection manager (that is how it appears in the connection manager list) to the Connection Managers pane.

This opens up a new dialog box with tabs such as SSH, SSH Settings, SFTP Settings, etc.

On the SSH tab I have entered the following:
HOST: (IP address of the SFTP server)
PORT: 22
Authentication: Password
Username: (Username supplied by the SFTP Server Administrator)
Password: (Password supplied by the SFTP Server Administrator)

And clicked "Test Connection"

After a brief delay we get a box pop up which has the following:
Connection Failed (BizCrypto.SqlServer2008.Design)
Program Location:
at
BizCrypto.SqlServer.SFTP.SFTPConnectionManagerForm.btnTestConnection_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I have tried exactly the same credeintials with WinSCP and Putty and I can connect with both.

What am I doing wrong with this connection manager?

Any assistance in configuring this would be very helpful.
Posted: 11/26/2013 09:49:12
by Dmytro Bogatskyy (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please ensure that on "SSH Settings" tab you have specified trusted keys file or checked trust all server keys checkbox.

P.S. You can get detailed connection logs by enabling "Enable Debug Output" option for the task and running it.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3330 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!