EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Setting License Key

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 08/22/2013 04:59:48
by Stewart Joyce (Standard support level)

I have installed BizCrypto BizTalk Adapter and set the License Key in the Registry as detailed in the Help.

I have a Receive Location and a Send Port setup that uses the BizCrypto BizTalk Adapter and have left the License Key property in the adapter blank.

When I try and send a message through either the Receive Location or Send Port I get a failure and the following entry in the Event Log...

Error details: BizCrypto license key is not set. Please assign your (or evaluation) license key to the 'LicenseKey' property of the adapter or pipeline. Evaluation license key can be found in the LicenseKey.html file in the installation directory. A shortcut to the evaluation key is also available at 'Start menu -> Programs -> EldoS -> BizCrypto for BizTalk' menu.
Posted: 08/22/2013 07:08:10
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Stewart,

If you have a 64 bit system, please re-check that you've put the license key to the right subnode (Wow6432Node) of the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT branch as described here.
Posted: 08/22/2013 09:23:15

I do have a 64-bit system and that is where I have placed the Registry Key.
Posted: 08/22/2013 09:39:53

Then probably the account your BizTalk server runs under has restricted access to the registry. If this is the case, the only way for passing a license key is assigning it to the License Key property of the adapters.
Posted: 08/27/2013 08:49:43

The account the BizTalk Host runs under has Full Control of that Registry Key.

When I remove the License Key from the Adapter Licesne Key property in the log it says "EldoS SFTP Adapter (receive) error: BizCrypto license key is not set. Please assign your (or evaluation) license key to the 'LicenseKey' property of the adapter or pipeline. Evaluation license key can be found in the LicenseKey.html file in the installation directory. A shortcut to the evaluation key is also available at 'Start menu -> Programs -> EldoS -> BizCrypto for BizTalk' menu."
Posted: 08/27/2013 08:57:51
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

As I understand putting the license key to the License Key property of the adapter works for you. Is this correct? If yes, then you can proceed with this approach for now. We will think about how we can diagnose your problem, but if the property approach works, I think hunting why the registry is not read right will be time-consuming (for both you and us) and have not much sense.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 08/28/2013 03:25:40

If I put the License Key in the property of the Adapter then this works. However your documentation states that the use of a Registry Key can be used as a common single place to record the License Key. This approach is more preferable to us as we can set the server up with a License Key recorded in a single place and not have the developers remember to include it for each place the adapter is used.

If we come to change the License Key in the future this would mean it would have to be changed in all the places where the adapter is used rather than in a single place i.e. the Registry.

I would like this resolved as one of the reasons we purchased your adapter was because of this feature.
Posted: 08/31/2013 11:01:03

Hello Stewart,

The registry-based method of license key provision works; there are only a few reasons that may prevent it from working:

1. No access to the registry is available for Biztalk host instance. This is apparently not the case, considering your reply above.

2. The license key is put to a wrong location or in a wrong form. Please ensure once again that:
- you are using the correct node (with Wow6432node subnode if you are running a 32 bit Biztalk process on a 64 bit system);
- you are passing the correct key to it. Note that you should pass the key itself and not a path to the filename.

It makes sense to try to put the license key to both registry branches and check if one of them works.
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 6065 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!