EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to set SecretKeyringValue?

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 06/03/2013 02:45:22
by Vaidotas Ratkus (Basic support level)

Hi,

We would like to have keys in SSO not file. I tried to setup PGP receive location and PGP BizCrypto component but it doesn't work. I tried to search SecretKeyringSource and SecretKeyringValue in documentation, but I couln't find. My key looks like:

-----BEGIN PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)

lQV+............
................=bgX2
-----END PGP PRIVATE KEY BLOCK-----

How can I put multiple lines into one line (SecretKeyringValue)? What value to SecretKeyringSource should I set to?

Kind Regards,
Vaidotas
Posted: 06/03/2013 03:25:04
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Hello Vaidotas,

If the key you need to use is stored in multi-line format (a majority of OpenPGP keys actually are), you have to convert it to a single-line format first by applying base64 or base16 encoding to the key data. There are plenty of free tools that can be used to encode the key (e.g. this online one and this offline one). Before assigning the resulting encoded value to the SSO application's property, prefix it with base64: or hex: prefix depending on the encoding you've chosen, e.g.

hex:308201A0..FB10

or

base64:MIIx43/fv..3fi9

OpenPGP components look for the following values when reading properties from the SSO:

- Username: Key Filter,
- 0th secret value: Passphrase for conventional encryption,
- 1st secret value: Secret key(s) blob.

Please leave the SecretKeyringValue property of the adapter blank. The SecretKeyringSource should be set to Value, as you are providing the value of the key. If your key is encrypted with password, remember to also provide the password via the Key Passphrase property.
Posted: 06/03/2013 06:42:39

Hi,

Thank you for reply, but I still have issues configuring receive port. I will try to give you more information with issue I am facing.

When file is processed with receive location I get error: Reason: No appropriate OpenPGP secret key for decryption found. Since there is no SecretKeyringSource as "Value" (I can only put numeric value:0,1,2,3..etc) I tried with 1,3,2.

Posted: 06/03/2013 06:45:22

I attach test key file that I generated using Kleopatra. Password is Test.

[ Download ]
Posted: 06/03/2013 06:45:54

And sample test message.

[ Download ]
Posted: 06/03/2013 08:13:43
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Vaidotas,

For some reason I was thinking that you are using an OpenPGP adapter, not a pipeline. The pipeline is slightly 'restricted' comparing to the adapter, and it only supports base64 encoded keys. Due to this, the pipeline does not require and does not understand the 'base64:' prefix. Please remove the prefix and the things should start working for you.

The correct constant for the 'value' keyring source is 1, so you are using the correct value for the Secret Keyring Source property.
Posted: 06/03/2013 08:51:02

Hello,

Thank you for solving my problem. Now pipeline component works like a charm!

Kind Regards,
Vaidotas
Also by EldoS: CallbackDisk
Create virtual disks backed by memory or custom location, expose disk images as disks and more.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3236 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!