EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

BizCrypto file locking support

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 05/03/2013 10:04:02
by Asics Europe  (Standard support level)

We have a BizTalk environment with two nodes, does the adapter support file locking or do we need to create a clustered resource?
Posted: 05/03/2013 10:22:45
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Could you please clarify which exactly adapter are you asking about?
Posted: 05/06/2013 04:20:38
by Asics Europe  (Standard support level)

I would like to know if a receive location with the BizCrypto adapter locks the file while reading.
I know with FTP this is not the case, but for SFTP I don't know.

I'm using the latest version of the BizCrypto SFTP adapter.
Posted: 05/06/2013 05:04:57
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for the clarification.

BizCrypto offers a little different approach to file locking. This is because file locking is only supported in SFTP versions 5 and 6, and the majority of existing server implementations do not support locking properly. The same approach is actually offered for FTPS adapter as well.

The general idea of the safe download mode is that the adapter renames remote files before downloading them. As the renamed files do not match the mask any more, any other instance of the adapter running in parallel will not attempt to download them. This approach provides a good alternative to file locking and is usable with virtually any version of FTPS and SFTP servers.

Please read this knowledge base article to get more familiar with the safe download mode.

Topic viewed 2025 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!