EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTPS "Delete Mode"

Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.
Posted: 06/08/2011 13:37:57
by FTP Administrator (Standard support level)

I am retrieving a file from a public FTP server that file deletion is not allowed from so i have set up the FTPS adapters "Delete Mode" to Never. The problem is the file gets retrieved over and over. How can i prevent that file from being retrieved every time the adapter polls the server?
Posted: 06/08/2011 15:03:15
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I am sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way to achieve this at the moment. All the adapters are stateless and keep no records of the files that have already been retrieved.
Posted: 06/25/2013 02:54:53
by Aatish Ramkaran (Standard support level)

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
I am sorry to disappoint you, but there is no way to achieve this at the moment. All the adapters are stateless and keep no records of the files that have already been retrieved.

Hi Ken

Has there been any update on this? I have the same requirement

The new FTP adapter in BizTalk 2010 has this feature - but I'd still prefer to use the BizCrypto adapter (currently on v9.1.215)

Thanks
Posted: 06/25/2013 03:45:00

Hello Aatish,

Not yet, I am afraid. We will include this feature to BizCrypto 11, which is likely to be released by the end of the Summer.
Posted: 06/25/2013 03:46:22

BTW, in the mean time you might wish to consider using a different approach. For instance, if the server forbids removals but does not forbid renames, Safe Download Mode might be an option.
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3279 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!