EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

FTP server "Interactive Mode"

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 04/29/2011 10:19:40
by FTP Administrator (Standard support level)

Im having an issue where im trying to retrieve a file from a server that by default has FTP promp ON. So if i manually run a mget command i have to then enter Y to retrieve the file unless i issue the "Prompt" command before.

Now the problem i have is setting this up with the FTPS adapter. The file is not being retrieved and i am getting a 550 error. Is there any way to turn issue the prompt command so that my mget command will work?
Posted: 04/29/2011 10:34:08
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

I am not sure that "interactive mode" has some relation to the FTP as a protocol (it is likely to be a feature of particular FTP client tool). Could you please provide us the entire connection log? Please set up the adapter in the following way to have the detailed log written to file:

1) Trace to Event Log = No,
2) Trace to File = Yes,
3) Trace Level = Debug,
4) Trace Filename = <path to log file>
Posted: 05/02/2011 08:57:25

Thanks for the help, We narrowed down the issue the the type of FTP server we are trying to connect to. A wildcat WINS server that is giving us issues with this adapter. Using the default FTP adapter seems to work.
Posted: 05/02/2011 09:11:02
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

So... Do I understand right that the issue is technically resolved now?
Posted: 05/02/2011 09:27:48

Yes by using the default FTP adapter.
Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.

Topic viewed 2241 times

Number of guests: 2, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!