EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP adapter picking up files--then files disapear

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 02/28/2011 09:27:50
by Samir Banjanovic (Standard support level)

Hi,

Perhaps the title of the topic isn't too accurate. But, I attempt to explain the issue below.

We recently used the SFTP adapter to pick up some files. When I checked the log file I see that files are being picked up and biztalk creates messages; however, there was an error.

[2/28/2011 10:07 AM] EldoS SFTP Adapter (receive): PickupFilesAndSubmit(): Submitting 24 file(s).
[2/28/2011 10:07 AM] EldoS SFTP Adapter (receive): SubmitFiles(): Submitting a batch of 24 file(s).
[2/28/2011 10:07 AM] SFTPReceiverEndpoint::BatchInfo::OnBatchComplete() overallStatus = False
[2/28/2011 10:07 AM] EldoS SFTP Adapter: Message submission failed. Please add the BizCrypto.BizTalk.DefaultPropertySchemas.dll assembly as a resource to your BizTalk application.
[2/28/2011 10:08 AM] EldoS SFTP Adapter (receive): ControlledEndpointTask()
[2/28/2011 10:08 AM] EldoS SFTP Adapter (receive): EndpointTask()

When I added the assembly and went back to resume the instances I couldn't find them. As a matter of fact I didn't find any instances (tracked, suspended, dehydrated, etc.) that are correlated to the SFTP adapter.

We need to find the consumed messages. Please let me know if, and where, I could find them.
Posted: 02/28/2011 10:52:18
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

Please check the directory assigned to the "Temporary Directory" property of the adapter, or your default TEMP directory if this property is unassigned. The files should be there.

BTW, you have no license ticket attached to your Helpdesk and Forum account. Please assign the license ticket you've received with the registration letter to your account to get Standard support level (which is faster than basic).
Posted: 02/28/2011 12:29:24

I checked that location and I didn't find anything. Our path is listed as

C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Temp\\FILENAME.out

I believe the second backslash before the FILENAME is causing issues. Is this default behavior?
Posted: 02/28/2011 12:37:40

Could you please clarify where exactly is this path listed? Is the above string the exact value as assigned to the adapter's Temporary Directory property? If it is, does this path exist (in particular, does the trailing FILENAME.out directory exist?
Posted: 02/28/2011 13:02:40

That path listed is the path the files were being copied to when I checked the Debug log for the adapter. When I went to that location nothing was present. FILENAME.out is what the filename should be however I replaced it due to confidential data.

Right now the Temporary Directory is set to blank in the adapter. If i understand your prior message correctly when it's blank it should copy to the %TEMP% by default. However, nothing is located in that directory. Since it's setting the path to

C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Temp\\

The backslash after TEMP should contain a directory name.

It appears the adapter isn't handling the "Temporary Directory" setting properly. It assuming the folder name is blank or null. Which has caused our messages to be lost.
Posted: 02/28/2011 17:21:26

Right now the Temporary Directory is set to blank in the adapter. If i understand your prior message correctly when it's blank it should copy to the %TEMP% by default. However, nothing is located in that directory. Since it's setting the path to C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\Temp\\

The system temporary directory is always chosen if the value assigned to the "Temporary Directory" property does not point to an existing directory (not only if it's not assigned). So the files should have actually been there, the duplicated slash does not affect the destination.

I will have a deeper look at the issue and get back to you as soon as possible.
Posted: 02/28/2011 19:30:16

I have just checked the code. The error you get occurs on a later stage of message submission, so the files are already deleted from the temporary directory for that moment.

Unfortunately, we cannot help with restoring deleted files. We will implement some loss prevention mechanisms in future BizCrypto builds to track this kind of errors and handle them appropriately. We are really sorry for being unable to help you.
Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.

Statistics

Topic viewed 4703 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!