EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Adapter receiving empty file

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 01/25/2011 14:06:47
by wpan (Basic support level)

I'm using SFTP Adapter to pick up files from a client sftp folder, PollingInterval is 60 seconds and the Delete Mode is "On Sucess". The client drops file to the folder randomly. Once a while I receive a file with file size 0. But actually the client file does have content. Since it deletes the file after successfully polling the file, I lost the message.

I don't see any error in the log...

Could it because it picks up file when the file is being written?

I'm using Bizcrypto version 7.2.173
Posted: 01/25/2011 14:25:31
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

Yes, if the file is opened on the server side when you are downloading it, it will most likely have the size of 0 (since the writing process has not yet flushed the data). It's a pity that the server (actually the server's OS) doesn't block access to the file if the file is opened.

Is it known how exactly the file is written to the server? Is it some application that writes the file or the file is just copied (how exactly)?

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski

Topic viewed 2093 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!