EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Signature verification with BizCrypto

Also by EldoS: Solid File System
A virtual file system that offers a feature-rich storage for application documents and data with built-in compression and encryption.
Posted: 12/21/2010 04:28:01
by Etienne Combaud (Standard support level)

I need to validate the signature of inbound PDF documents. The partner has several certificates that use the SHA-256 signing algorithm.

BizTalk supports the SHA-1 and MD5 signing algorithms, but it does not support the SHA-2 signing algorithms. This led me to try your products.

It seems that the PKI verifier component can do this task, however I do not know how to set up the properties because they are not really detailed.

As I have previously tried to use BizTalk functions, the partners certificates are stored in the Other people store of the local computer. The intermediate certificates are installed in the Intermediate Certification Authorities store and the root CA is installed in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

Can someone give me an hint in order to achieve signature verification?

Thanks
Posted: 12/21/2010 05:06:05
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

First of all, could you please clarify whether you need to process native PDF signatures (incorporated right into the document and verifiable e.g. by Adobe Reader), or PKI (PKCS#7) signatures having the PDF document embedded? Depending on the answer on this question, different components should be used.

In either case, you should reference certificates needed for validation via the TrustedCertificates and SignerCertificates properties as described in the article.
Posted: 12/21/2010 07:31:36

Thank you for your reply. Your article should be useful, I will use it.

I need to process PDF documents with embedded signature, verifiable by Adobe Reader.

N.B.: Maybe an entry to the Security knowledge base in the [URL=https://www.eldos.com/support/knowledgebase.php]Knowledgebase's main entry[/URL] could help, I have tried to find information with the [URL=https://www.eldos.com/bizcrypto/articles/65-276.php]BizCrypto entry[/URL]. Otherwise the [URL=https://www.eldos.com/security/articles/65-284.php]How To's entry for BizCrypto[/URL] should contain your article
Posted: 12/21/2010 13:02:29

Thanks for the suggestion.

Signed PDF documents are processed with BizCrypto.BizTalk.Pipelines.PDF.Unprotect decoder pipeline. You can use a high-level PDFSecReceive pipeline (contained in the BizCrypto.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines assembly), or build your own high-level pipeline with the use of the mentioned decoder pipeline.
Posted: 12/21/2010 13:10:13

Not sure whether I understand your N.B. The article is referenced in the BizCrypto How-to's section of the knowledge base. Did you expect it to be referenced from some other section?
Posted: 12/22/2010 03:42:29

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Not sure whether I understand your N.B. The article is referenced in the [URL=https://www.eldos.com/security/articles/65-284.php]BizCrypto How-to's section[/URL] of the knowledge base. Did you expect it to be referenced from some other section?
You are right, I have not seen the article below the folders... Sorry for the confusion
Posted: 01/25/2011 10:38:55
by mark wiggins (Standard support level)

Here is the key information. I am able to decrypt with other products.

gpg: Good signature from "cfc_edisupport <edisupport@countrywide.com>"
gpg: binary signature, digest algorithm SHA1
gpg: decryption okay
Posted: 01/25/2011 10:44:54

Here is the key information. I am able to decrypt with other products.

Sorry, I do not understand your problem. May I please ask you create a new topic (if the problem is not related to PDF processing components) and provide more details on the issue there?
Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5269 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!