EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Dynamic receive pipeline

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 06/11/2010 08:31:40
by Sean Tsai (Standard support level)

I'm trying to use the pipeline BizCrypto.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.ZIPReceive in the dynamic receive pipeline in this example:

However, I'm getting error as

Inner exception: There was a failure executing pipeline "BizCrypto.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.ZIPReceive". Error details: "Value does not fall within the expected range.".

When I'm trying to do the following assignment in an Expression:

InputPipeline = Microsoft.XLANGs.Pipeline.XLANGPipelineManager.ExecuteReceivePipeline(typeof(BizCrypto.BizTalk.DefaultPipelines.ZIPReceive), Message_Input);

Does BizCrypto pipelines support dynamic receive or send?

Posted: 06/11/2010 08:46:28
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The article describes a general method that should work with any pipeline (provided that the passed settings are correct). Could you please post the exact XML document you are assigning to the pipeline?
Posted: 06/14/2010 08:42:24

Enclosed is the file I'm trying to unzip using the sample and ZIP uncompress.

[ Download ]
Posted: 06/14/2010 09:23:50

My question seems to not have been clear enough, sorry. What I was asking about is the value you are assigning to the BTS.ReceivePipelineConfig (or BTS.SendPipelineResponseConfig) message context property. Could you please post it here?
Posted: 06/14/2010 11:31:32

Message_ToBeUnzipped(BTS.ReceivePipelineConfig) =
@"<Root xmlns:xsd=""http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"" xmlns:xsi=""http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"">

<Stage CategoryId=""9d0e4108-4cce-4536-83fa-4a5040674ad6"">
<Component Name=""BizCrypto.BizTalk.Pipelines.ZIP.Uncompress"">
<LicenseKey vt=""8"">XXXXXXXXXXXX</LicenseKey>
<TraceToEventLog vt=""11"">0</TraceToEventLog>

Posted: 06/15/2010 08:40:11

The configuration you are assigning does not contain values of some properties. Can you please check if the following configuration works (please replace the license key and the paths appropriately):
<Root xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<Stage CategoryId="9d0e4103-4cce-4536-83fa-4a5040674ad6">
<Component Name="BizCrypto.BizTalk.Pipelines.ZIP.Uncompress">
<LicenseKey vt="8">XXXXXXXX</LicenseKey>
<TemporaryPath vt="8">D:\Temp\BTSTemp\</TemporaryPath>
<TraceFilename vt="8">D:\Temp\ZIPReceiveLog.txt</TraceFilename>
<TraceLevel vt="3">4</TraceLevel>
<TraceToEventLog vt="11">0</TraceToEventLog>
<TraceToFile vt="11">-1</TraceToFile>
Posted: 06/15/2010 08:53:28

Got the same error with this configuration. It doesn't seem like picking up the configuration at all because I got a temp license warning even I put in out license string.

Were you able to get this to work on your end?
Posted: 06/16/2010 04:16:32

As far as I remember, several of our customers were able to set up dynamic pipelining.

Could you please describe a general architecture of your BizTalk application? In particular, please let us know whether you are assigning the schema to BTS.ReceivePipelineConfig or BTS.ReceivePipelineResponseConfig message context property.
Posted: 06/16/2010 09:05:23

I found this article: http://www.biztalkgurus.com/blogs/biztalksyn/archive/2006/10/09/Dynamically-Configuring-Pipeline-Component-Properties-in-a-BizTalk-Orchestration.aspx

UnfortunatelyI wish you could do something like the below:

OutputMessage(BTS.ReceivePipelineConfig) = "Pipeline Config XML would go here";
OutputMessage = Microsoft.XLANGs.Pipeline.XLANGPipelineManager.ExecuteReceivePipeline(typeof(PipelinesAndSchemas.ReceivePipeline), InputMessage);

It did not produce a runtime error, but the configuration for the Receive Pipeline was not overridden.

Basically, what I was trying to do can't be done.

Posted: 06/16/2010 14:43:13

Your goal is likely to be achievable with the use of [loopback] send-receive port. Then you will be able to apply the configuration to the receive pipeline on the fly by assigning it to the BTS.SendPipelineResponseConfig context property of the message.
Also by EldoS: Rethync
The cross-platform framework that simplifies synchronizing data between mobile and desktop applications and servers and cloud storages

Topic viewed 6069 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!