EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

0 byte file in SFTP download, no errors

Also by EldoS: CallbackProcess
A component to control process creation and termination in Windows and .NET applications.
Posted: 04/23/2010 15:16:24
by Matthew Gaston (Standard support level)

I am using BizCrypto SFTP Download Task in an SSIS package. Up until two days ago this package worked fine. It's been running for 6 months with no problems. The SFTP site I connect to was moved to a new server 2 days ago and now when the package runs it says there are no errors but the file that is downloaded is 0 Bytes. The site administrator says they are seeing an error on the get and are trying to find out if they can resolve the problem. My question is, if there is an error why am I not seeing it? Why is BizCrypto not reporting an error?

This is the output from the SFTP Download task in debug mode.
Information: 0x40016040 at Executive Sandbox - ShopperTrak OGW: The package is attempting to configure from SQL Server using the configuration string ""SLT Config";"[dbo].[SSIS_Configurations]";"Executive Sandbox - ShopperTrak OGW";".
SSIS package "Executive Sandbox - ShopperTrak OGW.dtsx" starting.
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Starting SFTP Download Task
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Using SecureBlackbox.NET library 7.2.0.171
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Setting BizCrypto license key
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Searching for installed BizCrypto addons.
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: BizCrypto.SqlServer2008.Addons library successfully loaded.
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Loading private key
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Loading trusted keys
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Opening connection
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Authentication succeeded
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Downloading files '/*.csv' to '\\rpt01sea\Extracts\ShopperTrak\Download'
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Starting file download '/30MIN20100423.csv' to '\\rpt01sea\Extracts\ShopperTrak\Download\30MIN20100423.csv'
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Starting file download '/30MIN20100422.csv' to '\\rpt01sea\Extracts\ShopperTrak\Download\30MIN20100422.csv'
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Downloaded 2 file(s)
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Closing connection
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: Connection closed
Information: 0x0 at Download ShopperTrak OGW Files, SFTP Download Task: SFTP Download Task finished
SSIS package "Executive Sandbox - ShopperTrak OGW.dtsx" finished: Success.
Posted: 04/23/2010 15:32:53
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

The most likely reason for BizCrypto not to report an error is that everything seems to work fine from its point of view (i.e. BizCrypto considers the files to be empty for some reason).

First of all, please try to adjust the following properties and check if it changes something:
1) PipelineLength to 1,
2) AutoAdjustTransferBlock to false,
3) ASCIIMode to false.

Statistics

Topic viewed 3979 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!