EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SFTP Overwrite Question

Also by EldoS: CallbackRegistry
A component to monitor and control Windows registry access and create virtual registry keys.
Posted: 02/25/2010 06:24:49
by Graham Williamson (Standard support level)

I would like to configure the BizCrypto SFTP send adapter so that if it attempts to send a file to a location that already contains a file with the same name ...

1. It does not overwrite the existing file
2. It throws an exception and the message is suspended in Biztalk

I have tried setting the overwrite property to "No" and this stops the existing file being overwritten. However there is no exception thrown, there is no error in the event log, there is no suspended message in BizTalk. It appears that the message being sent is at this point lost.

Is there a way to configure the adapter to achieve 1 and 2 above? I am using the Trial copy of the adapter.

Thanks

Graham
Posted: 02/25/2010 07:32:15
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for contacting us.

This is not possible with version of BizCrypto currently available, sorry. If the file with the same name does already exist on the server, the data contained in the passed message is simply not uploaded (no exception is thrown, no message is suspended).

Thank you for a reasonable idea, we will implement the corresponding functionality in one of the future BizCrypto builds (one of BizCrypto 8 betas, I assume).

Statistics

Topic viewed 3229 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!