EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

SBB BizTalk - symmetric cipher

Also by EldoS: MsgConnect
Cross-platform protocol-independent communication framework for building peer-to-peer and client-server applications and middleware components.
Posted: 03/09/2009 14:56:40
by Kel Koenig II (Standard support level)

Does SBB have the ability to perform symmetric ciphering with just a passphrase as opposed to using a public/private key pair?

Thanks,
Kel
Posted: 03/10/2009 01:47:10
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

What data format are you interested in (PKCS#7 or some proprietary one)?

If you need to just transfer the data between two of your servers, you can use PGP components - PGP supports password encryption.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Posted: 03/13/2009 09:18:15

I'm trying to configure a send port to encrypt using symmetric cipher (password encryption) with your latest pre-release version of BizCrypto and either having problems or not configuring it properly. I've selected 'Password-based' as the Encryption Type and then entered a password into the Passphrase. I'm including an attachment that shows the current configuration of the send port along with the error message being thrown in the event viewer (I tried but apparently 62KB is too big???, I pasted the events at the bottom as well as the pertinent section of the send port minus license key). I really just need to know how a 'Password-based' type needs to be configured and there's not really any documentation on this that I could find.

Thanks,
Kel

<TransportTypeData><CustomProps><AdapterConfig vt="8">&lt;Config xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;&lt;PGPDestFileName&gt;C:\HRDataServices\FileDrop\HRDataServices.DataHub\PGP\ENCRYPTED\%MessageID%_symCipher.pgp&lt;/PGPDestFileName&gt;&lt;PGPFileName&gt;%MessageID%.txt&lt;/PGPFileName&gt;&lt;PGPOverwrite&gt;False&lt;/PGPOverwrite&gt;&lt;PGPPublicKeyringFile /&gt;&lt;PGPPublicKeyringValue /&gt;&lt;PGPPublicKeyringSource&gt;1&lt;/PGPPublicKeyringSource&gt;&lt;PGPSecretKeyringFile /&gt;&lt;PGPSecretKeyringValue /&gt;&lt;PGPSecretKeyringSource&gt;1&lt;/PGPSecretKeyringSource&gt;&lt;PGPOperation&gt;Encrypt&lt;/PGPOperation&gt;&lt;PGPSymmetricKeyAlgorithm&gt;2&lt;/PGPSymmetricKeyAlgorithm&gt;&lt;PGPProtectionLevel&gt;Normal&lt;/PGPProtectionLevel&gt;&lt;PGPUseCompression&gt;True&lt;/PGPUseCompression&gt;&lt;PGPInputIsText&gt;False&lt;/PGPInputIsText&gt;&lt;PGPHashAlgoritm&gt;2&lt;/PGPHashAlgoritm&gt;&lt;PGPPassphrase&gt;******&lt;/PGPPassphrase&gt;&lt;PGPKeyPassphrase&gt;******&lt;/PGPKeyPassphrase&gt;&lt;PGPUseNewFeatures&gt;False&lt;/PGPUseNewFeatures&gt;&lt;TraceMode&gt;0&lt;/TraceMode&gt;&lt;TraceToFile&gt;False&lt;/TraceToFile&gt;&lt;TraceToEventLog&gt;True&lt;/TraceToEventLog&gt;&lt;TraceFilename /&gt;&lt;PGPEncryption&gt;Password&lt;/PGPEncryption&gt;&lt;
licenseKey
&gt;&lt;PGPCompressionAlgorithm&gt;1&lt;/PGPCompressionAlgorithm&gt;&lt;PGPCompressionLevel&gt;9&lt;/PGPCompressionLevel&gt;&lt;PGPArmor&gt;True&lt;/PGPArmor&gt;&lt;PGPArmorBoundary&gt;PGP MESSAGE&lt;/PGPArmorBoundary&gt;&lt;PGPUseOldPackets&gt;False&lt;/PGPUseOldPackets&gt;&lt;PGPTextCompatibilityMode&gt;False&lt;/PGPTextCompatibilityMode&gt;&lt;uri&gt;PGP://%MessageID%.txt&lt;/uri&gt;&lt;/Config&gt;</AdapterConfig></CustomProps></TransportTypeData>

Event Type: Error
Event Source: EldoS OpenPGP Adapter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 3/13/2009
Time: 10:01:38 AM
User: N/A
Computer: VMPBIZTKD26
Description:
EldoS OpenPGP Adapter (transmit)
Message ID: 49bb9cd7-72c3-4b6d-9355-12b24fc55af2
URI: PGP://%MessageID%.txt

EldoS OpenPGP Adapter (transmit): Protection failed: No suitable OpenPGP public key for encryption found

Stack:
at SBPGPStreams.TElPGPEncryptingStream.Initialize()
at SBPGPStreams.TElPGPStream.Process(Object AReadUserData, Object AWriteUserData)
at SBPGPStreams.TElPGPStream.Process(Object AReadUserData, Object AWriteUserData)
at SBPGP.TElPGPWriter.ProcessStreamSequence(Stream SrcStream, Stream DestStream)
at SBPGP.TElPGPWriter.Encrypt(Stream ASourceStream, Stream ADestStream, Int64 Count)
at BizCrypto.BizTalk.Adapters.PGP.PGPAsyncTransmitterBatch.ProcessMessage(IBaseMessage message, AdapterProperties props)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: BizTalk Server 2006
Event Category: BizTalk Server 2006
Event ID: 5743
Date: 3/13/2009
Time: 10:01:38 AM
User: N/A
Computer: VMPBIZTKD26
Description:
The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "sndSymCipherEncrypted" with URL "PGP://%MessageID%.txt". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"No suitable OpenPGP public key for encryption found".

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Posted: 03/13/2009 09:39:20
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you very much for reporting this. The problem is caused by a bug in property reading method. The fix will be included to the release build.

Meanwhile you can use a temporary workaround by assigning the property in the orchestration or by using OpenPGP pipelines instead of adapters.
Posted: 03/13/2009 09:42:41

Thanks for the quick reply, when is the Release Build scheduled?

Thanks,
Kel
Posted: 03/13/2009 09:57:17
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

We plan to make it available in few days.
Posted: 03/18/2009 12:22:41

Sorry to keep asking about this, but we have a production implementation that is waiting on this functionality and I need to understand when the release build will be made available, what date?

And on another note, will the release build contain the functionality necessary to utilize MSCAPI to retrieve keys?

Thanks,
Kel
Posted: 03/19/2009 02:00:40
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

We are in the process of testing the final builds and making the final adjustments. I sincerely hope to make a release on weekends.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.

Statistics

Topic viewed 5213 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!