EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

Biztalk SFTP config interface enhancements

Also by EldoS: Callback File System
Create virtual file systems and disks, expose and manage remote data as if they were files on the local disk.
Posted: 07/21/2008 17:02:53
by Scott Stanaland (Standard support level)

I wanted to suggest a few enhancements to the biztalk sftp config interface that would make the product must easier to use.

1. Add browse for file dialogs for the Private and Trusted Key files. Simple fix, but a big time saver.

2. Validate the remote file path property. If you add the remote file path with a leading "/" the software adds a second one so you get "SFTP://host:22//rpath/*.*". If the interface could atleast tell you to leave off the "/" it would be helpful.

3. Notify when username property has a trailing space. Not sure if this is allowd by the ssh / sftp specs, but I doubt many people use username with a trailing space. If the interface ask "Hey, do you mean to have a trailing space" that would be nice. I just spent 30 minutes trying to figure out why my public key auth was failing. Turned out to be a trailing space from when I cut and pasted the username. I have had the same problem with the host name before, and I know that a trailing space on the host name is not valid.

None of these are big things, but could save a lot of time if fixed.

Posted: 07/22/2008 02:23:20
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Thank you for your recommendations. All of them are quite reasonable, so we will implement all the necessary changes to the implementation.
Posted: 07/22/2008 07:52:19
by Scott Stanaland (Standard support level)

Sounds great.

Eldos support has been excellent.

Topic viewed 3520 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!