EldoS | Feel safer!

Software components for data protection, secure storage and transfer

How to use OpenPGP as a pipeline component?

Also by EldoS: SecureBlackbox
200+ components and classes for digital security, signing, encryption and secure networking.
Posted: 05/26/2008 06:04:52
by Peter Svensson (Priority Standard support level)

I want to use the OpenPGP functionality from the new rc2-release. Because I am using FTP as a trnasport protocol I dont want to use the adapter, but instead using the functionality as a pipeline component. This should be possible but is currently undocumented.

Can you explain how to do this?

/Peter
Posted: 05/26/2008 06:32:05
by Ken Ivanov (EldoS Corp.)

Please follow the below steps to add the OpenPGP pipeline support to your BizTalk application:

1. Run Visual Studio and create an empty BizTalk server project.
2. Go to "Project->Add new item" menu.
3. Choose "Pipeline Files" in the tree view at the left, and then "Send Pipeline" or "Receive Pipeline" at the right, depending on the pipeline type you need; click the OK button. A new pipeline file will be added to the project.
4. Expand the Toolbox. If SecureBlackbox pipelines are not there, open the popup menu and click on the "Choose items" item. On the "Choose toolbox items" window open the "BizTalk Pipeline components" tab and turn on the checkboxes corresponding to SecureBlackbox components. Click the OK button.
5. Drag the "OpenPGP Protect" icon from the toolbox to the "Encode" stage of the pipeline.
6. Build the project and deploy the compiled assembly to your BizTalk application. The created pipeline will be added to the list of available pipelines in the port/location configuration window.

The same steps can be used to add pipeline to the existing BizTalk application.
Posted: 05/26/2008 08:06:32

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
4. Expand the Toolbox. If SecureBlackbox pipelines are not there, open the popup menu and click on the "Choose items" item. On the "Choose toolbox items" window open the "BizTalk Pipeline components" tab and turn on the checkboxes corresponding to SecureBlackbox components. Click the OK button.

I still cant find the pipelines. They doesnt show up automatically and I cant choose them with the checkboxes.

I did uninstall the rc1 first and the install with the rc2 went fine. Can I try and add the pipeline-dll manually or how should I proceed?

/Peter
Posted: 05/26/2008 08:34:34

Yes. Please try to add the assemblies manually. They are located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\Pipeline Components\ folder.
Posted: 05/27/2008 04:07:07

Innokentiy Ivanov wrote:
Yes. Please try to add the assemblies manually. They are located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2006\Pipeline Components\ folder.

I cant find any dll:s in the BTS/Pipeline components folder from Eldos. Just my own and Microsofts.

I tried to add assemblies from your installation catalog as well "C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbox.BizTalk\Assemblies" but none of the .NET 2.0 assemblies seems to be pipeline components. Are you sure the assemblies are distributed in the rc2-release?

/Peter
Posted: 05/27/2008 04:37:08

Please check if the following assemblies are present in the SecureBlackbox installation directory (C:\Program Files\EldoS\SecureBlackbo­x.BizTalk\Assemblies):
SecureBlackbox.BizTalk.Pipelines.dll
SecureBlackbox.BizTalk.Pipelines.PDF.dll
SecureBlackbox.BizTalk.Pipelines.PGP.dll
SecureBlackbox.BizTalk.Pipelines.SMIME.dll
SecureBlackbox.BizTalk.Pipelines.XML.dll

If the assemblies are there, please copy them to the BTS\Pipeline components directory.
Posted: 05/27/2008 05:33:41

I don't have those assemblies.

/Peter
Posted: 05/27/2008 05:41:30

Please re-check that you have installed the correct build (6.0.141, the version number can be checked in the changes.txt file in SecureBlackbox installation directory). We can provide you the needed assemblies by posting them to the forum, but first it's necessary to find the exact reason for the assemblies not being installed.
Posted: 05/27/2008 09:44:09

I am sorry about this, it was all our fault.

I didnt have the right version installed and while investigating why we discovered that because your rc2-file has the same filename as the old rc1-file it was cached. We tried using Ctrl+F5 before and thought that would help but (it did update the page) the file was in fact cached on a central server.

So when using direct internet-connection I didnt have any problem installing and testing the rc2-release.

Thanks for the help and the quick response :)

/Peter
Posted: 05/27/2008 09:56:47
by Eugene Mayevski (EldoS Corp.)

RC2 that you downloaded doesn't correctly install pipeline and some helper assemblies to Global Assembly Cache. I have rebuilt and reuploaded the package. Please download it again.

Sincerely yours
Eugene Mayevski
Also by EldoS: CallbackFilter
A component to monitor and control disk activity, track file and directory operations (create, read, write, rename etc.), alter file data, encrypt files, create virtual files.

Statistics

Topic viewed 15640 times

Number of guests: 1, registered members: 0, in total hidden: 0

|

As of July 15, 2016 EldoS Corporation will operate as a division of /n software inc. For more information, please read the announcement.

Got it!