What's new in Solid File System OS Edition 5.0
Version 5.0 (all platforms) includes the following changes and additions:
- Now you can specify whether particular process may have read-only or read-write access to the storage when ProcessRestrictionsEnabled = true.
- It is possible to explicitly deny access to the storage to certain applications
Version 5.0 for Windows includes the following changes and additions:
- Windows 8 and Windows 2012 Server are supported.
- Support for multi-file containers (i.e. single container is spread across multiple disks)
- Possibility to mount the file system as a plug-n-play device, so that the disk becomes visible in device manager
- Possibility to mount the file system as a virtual folder of existing NTFS disk
- Possibility to set custom icons for the disk in Explorer
- New, easier to use, driver installation mechanism
- Network Redirector helper DLL has been created to let the application expose the virtual disks as network disks. Windows Explorer and some other Windows applications handle network disks differently, so if your application transfers the file system data across network, use of network mounting points is highly recommended.
- Mount Notification helper DLL was added. This DLL notifies Explorer that the global mounting point has been created or deleted in other session. Explorer must refresh the list of disks after this notification. This DLL should be used if your service application creates or deletes mounting points for users and user sessions.