Quick Start Guide
After downloading and installing SFTP Net Drive, you can connect to SFTP server right away.
Connecting to SFTP server
- Run SFTP Net Drive, specify server name, port (normally just leave the default value 22), and user name.
- Choose the type of authentication on the server: password (enter the desired password), or key-based (you will have to provide a private key). SFTP Net Drive is very flexible, it can use an Authentication Agent (PuTTY Agent or SSH-Agent), or read a private key from disk or security token.
- If needed, choose the desired drive letter: under this letter the remote filesystem will be mounted in your computer.
- Finally, click the "Connect" button as shown in the screenshot below.
You can either use password or key-based authentication. If you prefer the first option, tick the "Password:" check box and type in the password. For the key-based authentication, tick the corresponding check box and click the "Choose" button. A new window will prompt you how to load the key:
- Using an authentication agent. Both PuTTY Agent and SSH-Agent are supported.
- Load from file. If the key is password-protected, and you you don't want to save the password, leave the "Password" field empty and uncheck the "Save password" checkbox. The password will be requested when the conection is established.
- Security Token or Smart Card. In this case specify the path to the PKCS#11 Library dll, select a token or a smart card from a drop-down list, enter its PIN, and select the key from the list.
Setting Profile Settings
The above steps are sufficient in the vast majority of cases. However, for advanced use a number of profile settings are available. Click the "Profile Settings" button in the main window to access them. You can fine-tune the connection settings according to your needs and the specifics of the SFTP server. The Profile Settings window is quite comprehensible (see the screenshot below), and most of the options correspond to the command-line parameters.
Managing Different Profiles
You can keep several profiles for different users and servers. Click the "New Profile" button to add a new user and/or server. Enter the new profile name and host name or IP address of the server. Click "OK" and set other settings in the main window or in the "Profile settings" window.
To remove a profile, click the "Delete Profile" button and confirm your action.
The use of SFTP Net Drive with command-line parameters is explained in great details in the corresonding article.
Technical information about the program and its version appears when you click on the image in the left part of the main window.