Release notes of CallbackFilter 3.0
The following changes can affect your existing code when you upgrade to CallbackFilter 3.0:
- UninstallDriver method does not remove CallbackFilter 2.x. You need to use cbfltinst.dll, shipped with CallbackFilter 2.x, to uninstall previous version, if you are upgrading your application from the version which used CallbackFilter 2 to the version which uses CallbackFilter 3.
- CreateDisposition parameter of file creation/opening callbacks now contains values defined in Win32 (in opposite to NT native constants used in CallbackFilter 2.x).
- .NET assembly has been renamed to CbFlt3Net.dll to avoid conflicts with CallbackFilter 2.x.
- Many callbacks got new Status parameter (used when ProcessFailedRequests property is set to true and failed requests are reported).
- OnRenameOrMoveFileEventC callback got additional ReplaceIfExists parameter
- OnCreateFileEventC and OnOpenFileEventC callbacks got additional VirtualFile parameter
- ProcessRequest parameter was removed from OnPostCanFileBeDeletedEventC, OnPostReadFileEventC and OnPostWriteFileEventC callbacks
- DeleteFile parameter was removed from OnPostCanFileBeDeletedEventC callback
- CreateFile and DeleteFile methods have been removed. CreateFile can be replaced with CreateNonCbFile, and for deletion of files you can now use DeleteFile() Windows API function.