Tester sample application creates a simple virtual disk that stores the disk contents in the container file on the actual disk as-is.
- Before starting to work with the sample you need to install the driver. To do this press «Install…» button (1) and choose the necessary driver in the dialog that appears. You don't need to install the driver if the status line (11) shows information about the already installed driver.
- After the driver is installed, you need to create a storage device by pressing «Create» button (3). The dialog will appear, which will prompt you to enter the license key. If you don't have a key yet, use key request form to get the 60-day trial key.
- You can specify one or more mounting points for the created storage device. This is done by specifying their names in the edit box (7) and adding them by pressing «Mount» button (8). When the mounting point is added successfully, it's name is shown in the list (9). The mounting point(s) can be added before or after insertion of the media.
The next step is insertion of the media into the storage device, created in the previous step, using «Insert…» button (5).
Once you close the button the dialog will appear and you will be offered to specify the place where the container file is located.
You can specify already existing disk image or create new disk.
If the disk is not formatted (by default), you will get the corresponding warning. You can format the disk using OS standard measures after you specify at least one mounting point.
- To remove all mounting points and the created device and to uninstall the driver, you must ensure that the mounted device is not used by any application. Next check the mounting points in the list (9) and press «Unmount» button (10). After that remove the media from the storage using «Remove» button (6) and delete the device using «Delete» button (4).
- Now you can uninstall the driver using «Uninstall» button (2).