GetModuleStatus function (Installer DLL)
Returns information about the installed driver or helper DLL
BOOL __stdcall GetModuleStatusA(
const char * ProductName,
unsigned long *FileVersionHigh,
unsigned long *FileVersionLow);
BOOL __stdcall GetModuleStatusW( const unsigned short* ProductName, DWORD Module, BOOL *Installed, unsigned long *FileVersionHigh, unsigned long *FileVersionLow);
- ProductName - the ProductName string that identifies installation of the driver or helper DLL by your application
- Module - specifies, information about which module is queried
- Installed - on return contains true if the module has been installed or false otherwise.
- FileVersionHigh - on return contains driver file version (high-order values)
- FileVersionLow - on return contains driver file version (low-order values)
TRUE / true if the function succeeded or FALSE / false if the function failed.
Values of Module
Use this method to get information about the installed driver or helper DLL. Use Module parameter to specify, which module (driver itself or one of the helper DLLs) should be installed.
ProductName is used to distinguish between installations of the package made by different applications and to prevent the situation when the package is installed by two applications and further deinstallation of one of them removes the package.