Upgrading BizCrypto components
Whether you are performing a minor upgrade of BizCrypto (within the same major version, e.g. 11.0.248 to 11.0.250),
or a major one (e.g. 9.1.216 to 11.0.250), please follow the below steps to ensure the upgrade process goes smoothly.
Exporting and re-importing BizTalk application settings from an XML bindings file resets all the password fields in adapter configuration schemes.
Please ensure that you know all the needed passwords to be able to restore them after exporting and re-importing the bindings.
To upgrade your BizCrypto BizTalk components, perform the following steps:
- Export configurations of all BizCrypto-driven applications to XML bindings files. This is a mandatory step for applications that use BizCrypto pipeline components and an optional ('backup') step for applications that use BizCrypto adapter components.
- Stop all your applications and BizTalk host instances.
- Uninstall existing installation of BizCrypto for BizTalk (via the Control Panel's Programs and Features applet).
- Install new version of BizCrypto. Note, that during the installation process you will be asked whether or not the existing BizCrypto modules should be 'purged'. Only tick the corresponding check box if the uninstalled BizCrypto distribution was the ONLY SecureBlackbox-powered product on your machine. Otherwise, or if you are unsure, please leave the check box unchecked.
- Feed all XML bindings files that correspond to your BizCrypto pipelines-driven applications to the BindingsUpdater utility, which can be found in BizCrypto installation directory. This step should only be performed for the applications that use BizCrypto pipelines. Applications that use BizCrypto adapters do not need to be passed through the BindingsUpdater utility.
- Import changed XML bindings files back to the corresponding applications. You would normally perform this step only for your BizCrypto pipelines-driven applications.
- Update your BizCrypto license key in the registry and/or everywhere throughout all your BizCrypto-driven BizTalk applications, depending on the license activation method you use.
- Start all your BizTalk host instances and applications, and check that they work as expected.