VMounter sample application
VMounter sample application shows simple virtual disk without folder support.
The created files are kept in memory.
For a virtual disk with folder support see VDisk sample.
- Before starting to work with the sample you need to install the driver. To do this press «Install drivers…» button (1) and choose the necessary driver in the dialog that appears. You don't need to install the driver if the status line (11) shows information about the already installed driver.
- After the driver is installed, you need to create a storage device by pressing «Create storage» button (3). The dialog will appear, which will prompt you to enter the license key. If you don't have a key yet, use key request form to get the 60-day trial key.
- You can specify one or more mounting points for the created storage device. This is done by specifying their names in the edit box (9) and adding them by pressing «Add» button (7). When the mounting point is added successfully, it's name is shown in the list (10). The mounting point(s) can be added before or after insertion of the media.
- The next step is insertion of the media into the storage device, created in the previous step. When you press the «Mount» button (5), the virtual media becomes "inserted" into the storage.
- To remove all mounting points and the created device and to uninstall the driver, you must ensure that the mounted device is not used by any application. Next check the mounting points in the list (10) and press «Delete» button (8). After that remove the media from the storage using «Unmount» button (6) and delete the device using «Delete Storage» button (4).
- Now you can uninstall the driver using «Uninstall drivers» button (2).
Got questions or comments about this topic? Tell us about them.